Community Partnership Application Process
The Junior League of Charlottesville (JLC) offers a Community Partnerships program that consists of local non-profit agencies that have been selected as targeted recipients of the League's volunteer hours and funds during a sustained, multi-year collaborative interaction. These partnerships are created and cultivated in an effort to maximize the effectiveness of both organizations' outreach work within the community.
The JLC is a valuable resource of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
With the ultimate goal of continuing to serve the Charlottesville community, we will be selecting a new Community Partner for the 2016-2017 year. The application for new Community Partners coming soon.
The criteria for Community Partner is as follows:
- Is a 501c(3)
- Offer established programming that suits the schedule and interests of the Junior League of Charlottesville. Schedule and interests are as follows:
- 5:00-8:00 pm weeknights or weekends (anytime)
- Non-profit provide training for JLC members
- Free-standing program that JLC can collaborate on and lead.
- Can you propose a program that would implement the JL’s focus area of literacy? (Please note: this is not a requirement of a community partner).
- Incorporate mission of JLC.
- The Junior League of Charlottesville is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.