Mission and Vision
The Junior League of Charlottesville is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League of Charlottesville seeks to increase the quality of life in Charlottesville and Albemarle County by developing a community of life-long learners. We offer volunteer support, financial resources, organizational expertise, and issue-specific advocacy for organizations that provide literacy services.
- We exist to strengthen and improve our community
- We value and support the power of trained volunteers
- We value each member
- We value and encourage ethnic, racial, religious, and economic diversity
- We grow through challenging experiences
- We wisely manage our resources
- We are ethical and fair