Thank you for participating in Tinsel Trail!
Decorating Dates and Times
*Dates and times subject to change. Changes will be announced via the Junior League of Charlottesville social media and email to sponsors/decorators.
Saturday, November 19, 2022 through Saturday, November 26, 2022
Decorators must check in and select trees during the dates above. Decorating may take place throughout the week but must be completed by Saturday, November 26, 2022 at 5 p. m.
January 2-6, 2023
Tree Decorating Policies
- All decorators must check during the designated period of time with a Tinsel Trail representative prior to decorating. Upon check in you will be required to show your outdoor rated extension cord and outdoor LED lights, you will then receive your sponsorship sign and be able to select your tree.
- Decorators must provide their own decorations, cords and lights
- One 10-foot outdoor-rated extension cord labeled with your name or organization
- LED outdoor lights only. We reserve the right to remove any lights that are not LED outdoor lights. Lights should be strung with the male end of the plug coming from the bottom of the tree.
- Tinsel Trail is a family-friendly display, no offensive or inappropriate décor, please. We reserve the right to remove offensive displays.
- No supplies (ex: ladders, zip ties, scissors, etc.) will be provided
- Edible items are prohibited to be used as decorations on trees
- No additional signage is permitted outside of the one provided by the JLC
- We will be monitoring the trees but recommend that you also check your tree periodically for fallen ornaments and damage from the elements.
- Make sure your decorations are rain and wind safe. Trees will be outside in the elements for over 30 days
- Please secure all decorations using pipe cleaners, small zip ties, or other ties
- Spray any fabric with Scotch Guard to prevent mildew
- You may want to bring a ladder. Trees range in height from 6-10 feet tall.
- LED lights only!
Tag your photos & posts with #CvilleTinselTrail