PIADs in ActionThe Junior League of Charlottesville has assisted the following organizations through our Projects in a Day program:
Albemarle / Charlottesville Historical Society
- 12th Annual Spirit Walk: Assisted in organizing and keeping tours together.
- Memory Walk Volunteers: Helped walkers safely move along route.
American Cancer Society
- Pavilion Ball: Helped with Set Up.
Arc of the Piedmont
- Creative Painting Session or Library Visit: Helped disabled with craft projects and trips to the library.
Belk Charity Days
- Oversight of the JLC table, answering questions and selling tickets to customers.
Blue Ridge Medical Center
- Auction Fundraiser and Golf Tournament: Helped set up, registration and clean up.
- Apple Jam: Assisted children with Apple Hunt and Craft Stations.
- Golf Classic at Old Trail: Helped with set up, registration and cleanup.
- Virginia Gingerbread Christmas: Set up, entertaining, children and clean up.
Charlottesville Area Riding Therapy
- Weekly Riding Therapy: helped lead disabled persons on horses.
- Horseshow Concession Stand: Set up and worked concession stand.
Charlottesville Running Company
- Charlottesville Marathon to benefit the Free Clinic: Manned JLC designated water station.
Charlottesville — Albemarle SPCA
- Assisted in dog walking, cat socialization, kennel cleaning and special events.
- Provided childcare for children whose parents were in parenting workshop.
- Angel Tree: Collected gifts for children age 0-2.
- Annual Holiday Party: Helped setup and led activities with children.
Christmas in April
- Worked on designated JLC House.
Charlottesville City Schools
- Charlottesville Festival of Cultures: Handed out pamphlets, directed people to booths, restrooms, etc.
Children's Health Museum— U.Va. Health System
Children's Medical Center— U.Va. Health System
Children's Rehabilitation Center- U.Va. Health System
- Halloween Party: Entertained children, help with crafts at annual event.
- KidVention: Help with arts and crafts, directing visitors, etc. at annual hands-on science education event.
Childhood Obesity Taskforce
- Triathlon: Helped with registration, water station and clean-up.
FOCUS: Women’s Resource Center
- Provided childcare for Mom’s during single Mom’s group.
Hocus Pocus Masquerade
- Helped set up and run event.
- Home Construction: Building designated house as a JLC Team.
- Family BBQ: Helped with set up, serving food, clean up; and doing games and crafts with kids.
Kids in the Kitchen
- Assisted in teaching nutrition, helping cook with kids, setup, and clean-up.
Kids on the Block
UVA Children’s Hospital
- Mac McDonald Invitational: Helped with set up, registration, and clean up.
March of Dimes
- Chefs Auction: Helped setup and execution of event.
Meals on Wheels
- Kitchen Tour: Sold tickets and directed people through houses
- Dinner prep serving and eating with homeless women.
Party Parade to benefit CADA
- Home Tour: Directed people at houses; provided details on houses, gardens; and sold tickets.
- Volunteer induction ceremony: Helped with beverage and food table; and gave out pamphlets.
- Charlottesville Ten Miler: Oversaw water stations.
Monticello Prom Dress Drive
- Donated Prom dresses and toiletry bags.
Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic
- Assisted with building move and clean out.
- Donated $30 gifts for person in residence at SHE.
- Flea Market: Worked flea market, organized sale items.
Thomas Jefferson Day Care Center
UVA / Safe Kids
- Children’s Hospital Memorial Service: Helped set-up and work annual event.
Westminster Presbyterian Church
- Outdoor Workday: Manual labor working outside to spruce up yard outside of church.
Women's Place- U.Va. Health System
- Disney on Ice Book Collection: Collected books outside of JPJ Arena
- Art Auction: Assisted in setting up event, serving food and cleaning up.
- WVPT Kids' Book Festival: Helped with directing children at event, answering questions and working booths.
Young Women's Leadership Development Forum