2014-2015 Annual Campaign
What is the Annual Campaign?
The Junior League of Charlottesville Annual Campaign provides an opportunity to support the League through charitable contributions. Funds raised through the Annual Campaign help us help our community. These funds directly support our mission of organizing women who are committed to volunteerism through development of leadership and trainings to increase the quality of life in Charlottesville and the surrounding areas, specifically by developing a community of life-long learners. Financial assistance from the annual campaign supports our community partners, community grants, Kids in the Kitchen, literacy-based outreach, and training programs.
Take a look at some of the programming our dollars and time are involved in:
- The “Learning Circles” program at the Boys and Girls Club designed to help build self-esteem in pre adolescent girls
- Continuing literacy programs with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Central Blue Ridge
- Community Grants. Below are some of our 2013-14 Grant recipients with more to be awarded in 2014-2015
- "Families in Crisis" - Albemarle County Public Schools (ACPS) Homeless Education Program to providing backpack kits to children in homeless families.
- Jefferson Area Board for Aging (JABA) Friends in School Helping (FISH) Program
- Computers4Kids to facilitate Computers4Kids partnering with Tech-Girls to engage a group of our teenage girls in hands-on STEM activities.
- Shelter for Help in Emergency (SHE) to fund the provision of necessary medications
- Women Build Habitat for Humanity to contribute to Partner Families achieving their dream of home ownership in the Belmont Cottages neighborhood and taking a giant leap toward breaking the cycle of generation poverty.
- PACEM for their Literacy for the Homeless program.
How do I make a gift to the Annual Campaign?
Annual Campaign donations are accepted online or by mailing a check to:
Junior of League of Charlottesville
977 Seminole Trail
Charlottesville, VA 22901
*Checks must be made payable to the Junior League of Charlottesville, Inc.
All contributions are 100% tax deductible and will be recognized in JLC Newsletter, the Annual Report, and on the JLC website. Contributors of $250 or more will be invited to our year-end Community Luncheon to be specially recognized.